Monday, June 23, 2008

First Horse Ride

Well, Ashley and I did it. Since at least 3 times a day we here Patty say "Wanna ride horse" we decided to take her on her first horse ride, and let me tell you - she LOVED IT!!!!!!! (I'm not sure I used enough exclamation points, but you get the idea.) Here is a picture of her waiting (not so patiently - even though it looks like she is.) We started watching and talking about the other horses and colors and size and stuff and she almost couldn't sit still to go and get on one!

Finally, it was her turn to get on the horse. We got her a helmet (required by the stables we were at). Only problem - it was 2 sizes to big and kept falling off of her head. Definitely need to get her her own helmet (one that fits) before we take her riding again! Here is Papa holding her waiting to get on the horse (look at that face - she definitely doesn't want to wait anymore!)

YEAH!!! Finally she is on. She kept saying "Weee.... Fun!" while riding. Of course, when I took video she wasn't doing anything, see:
But that's okay. She had the most fun and the biggest smile on her face that I think I've ever seen! It was also nice to spend the day as a family before Ashley leaves for Maryland on the 3rd.


I can't believe he is going to be gone so soon! And he leaves the day before the Fourth of July and has to travel all day the 4th! Yuck!

Another day, another adventure!
Thanks for reading!
The Matteson's

P.S. Before I forget we are having a farewell to us/welcome to our friends (our renters) this Saturday. Email me or Ashley for details!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy! Love it. I need to start doing this too. You are a good inspiration.

I do love Patty on the horse. kiss her for me.

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm glad you posted this, i never would have know that you're going back to the best place on earth (aka the East!). You'll love it; i know i can hardly wait to get back East myself! and patty is adorable.

don't be a stranger, call sometime, k?

love, marie (barrett) neeley

Anonymous said...

Awww my little neice looks so cute on the horsie! Love you all ...
- Sue Ellen