Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Well, I was hoping to have a few more scrapbook pages done before I posted, but guess that is not the case. Hopefully the mini album I am working on for the snow day pictures will be done before I post next week. (My goal this month is 5 scrapbook pages! One a week plus one - the Mini Album is the plus one). GO ME! :D LOL!

I am working on a weekly scrapbook album. Every week in 2010 I will take a picture, put it on a page and then tell about what we have done for that week.


Journaling says (with commentary by me about the journaling):
- Took Patty to see "The Princess and The Frog" (The first movie we've tried to take Patty to in two years. She is not known for sitting still for long, and yet, we risked it. Fortunately our risk paid off - she sat through the entire movie!)
- Took down Christmas decorations (that was a sad day. Patty wasn't happy that it's not Christmas anymore)
- Started a sewing project (first time I've sewn since Middle School, fortunately Trish is living with us right now and she knows how to sew. I told her she had to help me relearn to sew. I have a goal this month of sewing an entire tea party felt set (I bought the instructions off of the internet) for Patty.)
- Patty's first Sunday at church as a CTR4 (Our little girl is moving up in the world of primary :( not quite sure how I feel about that, lol... She did fantastic. I was a little apprehensive, because she absolutely ADORED her Sunbeams teacher!)
- Trish & I called dad and sung happy birthday to him. He turned 79 years young. (It's hard to believe he's really that old - he is still out and about doing everything, it's very hard to catch him at home - EVER!! And that's how he loves it!)
- Made my 2nd ever batch of homemade laundry soap (Love this stuff! For about 7 dollars to start out it works fantastic. And I still have enough leftover Borax and Washing Soda for at least 2 more batches. Very economically and environmentally friendly.)
- Harris Teeter has super doubles this week. Bought $97 worth of groceries for $17. (This was my coup for the week. HT is a grocery story in the east. Super doubles are fantastic. They will double all coupons that are under $1.98. instead of their normal of double under $.99)

Well, that's the week in a nutshell. :)

Until next week,

1 comment:

Trish said...

Andrea, thank you so much for your thoughtful comments on my blog post. I would have to agree with you that faith without works is dead just as chapter 2 of James discusses. I believe that a true, living faith in Jesus Christ must result in actions. I think the difference in our interpretation of this is whether it is the faith alone that truly saves us or if it is faith PLUS works. I see that other passages of the Bible clearly states that it is by faith alone that we are saved. Ephesians 2:8-9 is but one example of this. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."

I really hope that the spirit of my comments can come through this written word. Please know that I have no antagonistic intent in this. I truly appreciate your comments and a good discussion like this.

Also, I want to add that I LOVE the idea of your weekly journal scrapbook pages. What a clever, fun idea. I would also love to do such a thing, but fear that I would not have the discipline to keep it up. Perhaps I would have better luck with a month in review type of page. You have given me something to think about. Thanks!